IHPN are the only membership organisation for independent healthcare providers across the UK, and we deliver a wide range of services and support to our members.
Read more about how IHPN can support your organisation in our membership brochure here
Why become a member
Providing a forum to share, learn and network
IHPN runs regular forums and events on a range of issues including finance, HR, digital, clinical – enabling members to connect with colleagues from across the system and listen to top speakers from the NHS and wider health world
Giving you a voice
IHPN works hard for our members, positioning the independent sector as a key part of the health system across a range of areas including Brexit, coronavirus, and workforce planning, as well as to the wider media and public
Supporting you to improve patient care
IHPN engages with national system and professional healthcare regulators and medical royal colleges including the CQC, NHS England-Improvement, and GMC to ensure our members can continue to deliver the best quality patient care
Helping you navigate the healthcare landscape
IHPN provides key insights to members about their business environment including “on the day” briefings on key policy announcements; and regular analysis and data on NHS and independent sector activity; clinical quality; patient outcomes
IHPN’s offer for acute healthcare providers
IHPN is working hard to ensure that our acute healthcare members are able to play a full role in the NHS recovery and help improve access to care for patients. This includes:
- working to ensure the successful operation of the new NHS Increasing Capacity Framework
- ensuring a “level playing field” for independent providers delivering NHS services, including through the NHS payment and commissioning system.
IHPN also supports our members who deliver a full range of privately funded acute services, including influencing policy formation around private care on issues such as the international patient market and NHS Private Patient Units (PPUs).
IHPN’s offer for primary and community care providers
IHPN works to ensure that our primary and community members are fully involved, considered and recognised for their contribution to the health system. Recent work in this area includes:
- working with NHS England to develop a new framework to enable local NHS systems to safely discharge patients from hospital through utilising independent community rehab and reablement services.
- supporting the NHS’ Community Services Data Set to better understand the size, geography and make up of community services delivered by IHPN members.
- supporting NHS England and NHSX’ development of a digital strategy for community services and highlighting best practice and learning from the independent sector.
- working with NHS Shared Business Services (SBS) around what further support independent providers can give to Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
- supporting the Independent Doctors Federation (IDF) to identify suitable metrics that can be used by private doctors in respect to CQC inspections and enable them to improve their performance and outcomes
IHPN’s offer for diagnostics providers
IHPN are continuing to work with NHSE/I to support the implementation of the Richards review into NHS diagnostics services, including:
- engaging with NHS regional diagnostic teams to see how independent providers can support the formation of new community diagnostic hubs