Benefits of membership
IHPN offer a wide range of services to its members:
- Working with key stakeholders and regulatory bodies, such as the Department of Health, NHS England, NHS Improvement, Number 10, HM Treasury, the Care Quality Commission and government ministers on policy development, to provide a stable framework and clarity of direction for the independent healthcare sector.
- Communicating the role of independent sector providers of health and care services to government, political parties, commissioners, stakeholders and the public.
- Highlight the contribution of the independent sector to UK health and the economy through advocacy and lobbying.
- Promote members interests to the public, policy makers, politicians, employers and the media.
- Simplify and liaise on interface issues with public bodies, including regulatory requirements, funding issues and workforce.
- Act as a single point of contact for all UK media on sector issues.
- Support members in delivering first class, safe and patient-centric care.
- Assisting members in escalating local problems with the relevant NHS body on their behalf, particularly when there may be wider consequences for the sector.
- Participation in specialist work streams and forums, including our Clinical Forum, Communications Group, Digital Leaders Group, Finance Forum, HRD Forum and Legal group.
- Opportunity to stand for election to the IHPN Strategic Council.
- Discounted rates to IHPN’s Annual Summit, the organisation’s flagship annual conference.
- Invitations to attend IHPN events covering members’ interests, including member meetings with high-profile guest speakers and meetings with policymakers on key topics of the day.
- Opportunity to attend the IHPN AGM.
- Access to IHPN policy documents, position statements, statistical updates and forward planning documents.
- Opportunity to contribute to IHPN briefings and publications.
- Opportunity to input into consultation submissions and wider policy development activity.
- Regular monitoring, briefings, digests, issues-led fora and case studies.
- Regular member communications, including on-the-day briefings on policy issues, our monthly e-newsletter and regular chief executive’s report.
- Fortnightly tender monitoring service including contract advertisements and contract awards. • Access to the IHPN team for one-to-one support and ad hoc advice.
- Use of the ‘member of IHPN’ logo on documents.
- Ad hoc briefings on key issues.